Re: [vox-tech] Pasting From Netscape

On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 11:50:10AM -0800, Robert G. Scofield wrote:
> Harry Souders wrote:
> That's  true of the WordPerfect8 suite for windows.  However, the WordPerfect 8 for
> Linux is great.

I like WP8 for linux, but think of it as a dead-end solution. Much like
WP5.1 for dos is/was good, but isn't going anywhere. Back in the WP5.x
days I believe there were unix versions. I would like liked to haved
used them, if for no other reason to see how they compared to the dos
version.

> What didn't you like about the suite that you saw in action?

The windoze or linux version?
The windoze version was slow and was a memory hog. It would crash often.
The VBA support that Corel put in to it worked poorly, wasn't well
documented. Trying to write a VBA program for WP2000 was much for
difficult than doing the same thing in Word. I settled into using the
old PerfectScript.

I only saw a few demos of the linux version. It was slow, it was a
memory hog, and it was buggy. Things worked and initially looked good,
but watching the program crash (this happened more than once) while the
salesman was giving a demo took away any confidence I had in the product.