Re: Re: [vox-tech] Pasting From Netscape

Re: Re: [vox-tech] Pasting From Netscape

Only semi-related to the thread.

In case people haven't tried it, I was kinda shocked when I first
discovered I could drag urls between netscape windows.  Great for prefetching
additoinal pages to read while your reading the current page.

You can also drag url's to the desktop, they form a icon, which when
clicked brings up the original URL in netscape.

I was also pleasantly surprised when I found out that any properly formated
url could be clicked on in any text program displaying in a gnome-terminal.

It's way cool to be able to click on an arbitrary URL and not even have
to cut/paste it.

This of course requires the gnome environment, and gnome-term, it's
been standard in redhat since 6.0 ish, I'm sure debian and similar
environments have similar.

--
Bill