Re: [vox-tech] Pasting From Netscape

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Pasting From Netscape
  • From: William Kendrick <MAPSnbs@sonic.net>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 19:08:18 -0800

> Hmmm... hadn't played with that, since it doesn't work from an xterm,
> where the majority of my work is done.

!?!?! *

Highlight some text in an xterm.
Run a nice safe command like:

  $ cat > /dev/null

Press the middle mousebutton.  The text you had highlighted will get
spat out (in this case, "cat"-ed to /dev/null) just as if you typed
it by hand.

Is _that_ what you meant won't work?  And did you really mean Xterm
and not, say, Virtual Console (eg, "Alt-F1" thru "Alt-F6" on most
Linux boxes).

If you DID mean a Virtual Console, then you should fire up GPM
(from gpm(8): "a cut and paste utility and mouse server for virtual consoles")
:)

-bill!

* - One day ask me to explain the head-shaking and sound effects that
    that string is supposed to portray ;)