Re: [vox-tech] Pasting From Netscape

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Pasting From Netscape
  • From: Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.orMAPSg>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 13:10:41 -0800

On Wed 21 Feb 01, 10:10 AM, Robert G. Scofield said:
> I've been working on a couple of projects where I paste textual material
> from Netscape into a word processor.  I've made a disturbing discovery.
> This works better on Windows than Linux.

try netscape 6.  there's a lot of things i don't like about it, but they did
correct some really bad behavior of the previous netscapes.

if that doesn't help, don't bother with mozilla.   try opera.  from what
little i've seen, opera blows away any graphical browser i've seen (i've
never heard of konquerer, but henry loves it.  try that.)

if none of that helps, i'll bet you that lynx or links will work just fine
from an xterm.

> For me, this is actually a big problem because given the work I expect
> to be doing it will make the difference whether my next system will be a
> pure Linux system or a dual boot.
>
> Can anybody explain why Linux does not work as well as Windows in this
> case?  Is there something I can do to fix this problem?

the problem isn't with linux, it's with netscape.   a much different
paradigm than explorer, where if you have a problem with explorer, you have
a problem with windows.

pete

--
"...and here is fortress ovum being stormed by               p@dirac.org