Re: [vox-tech] Ximian (aka helix) - window focus question

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Ximian (aka helix) - window focus question
  • From: Harry Souders <gnulinux@rosecomputinMAPSg.com>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 15:32:19 -0800

On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 11:07:29AM -0600, Jay Strauss wrote:
> I've started using ximian (gnome).  Its nice, but I can't figure out
> how to make a window get focus as I mouse over it (a la fvwm2).  If
> this makes any sense, and you know how to do it, the help would be
> much appreciated.

I haven't used Gnome in a few months, so my info might be outdated.

You should be able to configure this from the gnome control panel, in
the window managers section. Gnome used to come with enlightenment
(which I prefer). In the Enlightenment configurations is the right
option. I believe Gnome now (default install) comes with Sawfish (or
Sawmill) and somewhere buried in the config screens is the proper
option.

It's pretty cool imho that Gnome lets you easily switch between window
managers.