Re: [vox-tech] Ximian (aka helix) - window focus question

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Ximian (aka helix) - window focus question
  • From: William Kendrick <nbs@sonic.neMAPSt>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 13:57:57 -0800

> I've started using ximian (gnome).  Its nice, but I can't figure out
> how to make a window get focus as I mouse over it (a la fvwm2).  If
> this makes any sense, and you know how to do it, the help would be
> much appreciated.

The standard windowmanager with Gnome nowadays is "sawfish."
You can change its settings from the Gnome Control center, under
the "Sawfish window manager" settings.

If your foot menu is set up the same way as mine, you can actually get
to the "Focus behavior" directly.
(Foot -> Settings -> Sawfish... -> Focus...)

Change the "When does the mouse pointer affect the input focus"
setting from "Click" to one of the other two (depending on your taste).

Enjoy! :)

-bill!
(using Gnome libs 1.2.11, Gnome Control Center 1.2.2 and sawfish 0.36)