Re: [vox-tech] strange network question

On Mon 19 Feb 01,  2:24 PM, Mark Kim said:
> Do you happen to have a firewall setup that's dropping all ping packets?
> I can't ping 209.233.102.35 but I can ssh into it.

if there is, then i'm behind it (and should be able to ping my own IP
address.  i think.)

or rather, maybe you're right.  ping packets go out to through the gateway,
since that's the default route, into the wild world, get routed back to the
gateway, which filters pings.

ok.  even if it's not correct, at least it's plausible.  now that it's not
so wierd, i don't feel so bad.   :)

pete

> It's going through Z-World! :)

guilty as charged.   :)