Re: [vox-tech] reading gzip'd files inline

Re: [vox-tech] reading gzip'd files inline

Well, as far as I know the only "stream editor" is sed or a perl script of
course.

Any interactive editor is going to have to buffer the whole file.
At that point you may as well have unzipped the file to disk before
editing it.

--
Dale Bewley - Bewley Internet Solutions Inc. http://bewley.net/