Re: [vox-tech] Kernel 2.4

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 11:56:42AM -0600, Jay Strauss wrote:
> Is Mandrake better?  More stable?  Isn't it also RedHat based?

Very debatable question. I'll tell you my limited experience with
Mandrake.

Mandrake initially was not just based on RedHat, it was almost a xerox
copy of RedHat. During install (1-2 yrs ago) there were so many
references to redhat that Mandrake had not removed.

I haven't installed 7.2, but have used 7.1 briefly. It is more RedHat
based than a copy. People who swear by Mandrake have told me that it is
optimized for Pentiums. Others preferred the KDE interface that Mandrake
came with. Frankly, I haven't noticed too much difference. Then again, I
haven't used Mandrake much.