Re: [vox-tech] Html - Stylesheet question

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Html - Stylesheet question
  • From: Micah Cowan <micah@cowMAPSanbox.com>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 10:13:39 -0800

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 12:04:46PM -0600, Jay Strauss wrote:
> How do I set up a style sheet so that my <whatever you call these>
>
> I can have a style that specifies both the font and the actions of
> an anchor?
>
> I tried
>
> <STYLE type="text/css">
> <!--
> .mystyle  {font-family: veranda, arial; A:hover { background-color:yellow }}
> -->
> </STYLE>

Try

<STYLE type="text/css">
<!--
  .mystyle  { font-family: veranda, arial }

  // if you want the class="mystyle" to be in the anchor tag itself
  A.mystyle:hover  { background-color: yellow }

  // if you want the clas="mystle" to be specified in an enclosing
  // element to the anchor.
  .mystyle A:hover { background-color: yellow }
//-->
</STYLE>

I usually use a lighter yellow color than that for my style-sheets,
though (can't remember the exact color).

Micah