[vox-tech] LAN/WAN Stuff

Hey everyone, sorry to re-post this question, but the only response I got to
it before wasn't very helpful :) (i.e. not really an option to convert
everyone over to *nix).  Long story very short, a friend and I are living at
two different apartment complexes next year and we each have an ethernet
connection.  Both of us are going to have LRP boxes set up to MASQ the
connection to our in-apartment LAN's.  My LAN will consist of 3 or 4 Windows
boxes and 1 or 2 Linux boxes.  His will have 4 Windows boxes and a Linux
box.  Basically, how can we merge the two LAN's into one?  (Either one
workgroup or two, doesn't matter)  Is it possible to set up a VPN tunnel
between the two LRP boxes and have the networks talk that way?  If so, how
do I differentiate between traffic meant for the two LAN's and traffic meant
for the Internet (i.e. I'd want any machine on my network to be able to
simultaneously be on the Internet, MASQ'ed through the LRP box and to browse
the LAN's, routed through the VPN).  As I mentioned before I've looked
online and really only found one Open Source program that will do this is
FreeS/WAN (http://www.freeswan.org).  Anyone used this?  Anyone know of a
different way to do this?  Thanks for you help.

Patrick