Re: [vox-tech] Really easy question

Micah said:

> for n in `tar tzf /mnt/cd/some.tar.gz`; do rm -rf $n; done

Ouch!  Careful!  What if the tar creates a subdir that already existed
to begin with?

Say you were asked by some stupid install instructions to untar something
in / (yikes!) and which created "/usr" and "/usr/bin" and "/usr/bin/somebin".

Do the above and BAM!  No more /usr and /usr/bin

The above is an extreme (and extremely bad) example.  However, I HAVE
untar'd stuff that created a "src" and "bin" directory.

I happen to have a "bin" directory in my home dir in most accounts.

That's why I _ALWAYS_ do the "-tzf" first.  (And I say FOOEY to the
people who made the "-" optional.  :) )