Re: [vox-tech] athlon questions

On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 02:31:40PM -0800, Mytho X wrote:
> I was thinking of building a new system as well, however I was waiting
> to find out if ATA-100 is supported.

It is if you are willing and able to patch your kernel; there are some
messages about this on the debian-user list archive. I wouldn't bother,
though: last time I checked, only a few high-end (i.e., SCSI) drives
supported transfer rates as high as 50MB/sec. That only half of the ATA100
bandwidth! A 5400 rpm drive is certainly not able to deliver anything higher
that 25MB/sec. You're better off getting two or three drives and striping
data among them using software RAID.

--
Henry House