Re: [vox-tech] athlon questions

I also am thinking of building a new home system.  I'm looking at an AMD
Thunderbird on an Asus Board.  The Asus A7V has two Ultra DMA 100
controllers.  As far as Linux compatibility goes, I found this page:

www.linux-ide.org/ultra100.html

Asus uses a Promise controller, though I couldn't determine whether it was
the exact chip number listed on the above page.

It's probably supported, especially in the 2.4 kernel.

-- Chris