Re: [vox-tech] Zombie Processes

I seem to recall having trouble killing a process which I had paused
with kill -STOP...  when I kill -CONT'ed it, it then died from the
KILL signal (I think - I can't actually remember whether I used a KILL
or a TERM signal).

It would seem that (at least in Kernel 2.2, not sure of 2.4) processes
have to be "awake" to receive such signals, even unhandleable ones
like SIGKILL.

Micah