Re: [vox-tech] Telnet

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, William Kendrick wrote:
> PS - you want to use SSH.  It's secure.  Telnet is far from it.

Yes, but...
1) SSH runs on a different port.  Who knows if the box Rusty's telnetting
to has anything listening there?
2) What's to hide?  The IP, login name, and password are all public
knowledge.

Not to encourage telnet over ssh--far from it!  But maybe there's other
factors at play here... factors beyond our ken...

--nicole twn

***
"When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your
body off a building?"--They Might Be Giants