Re: [vox-tech] SMB mounting question

Mark said:
<snip>
> There is *always* a shared name, so you can't have just "//servername/".
<snip>

Thanks Mark, and everyone else.  I grabbed Mike Simons (he's been flying
all over the place here at work lately) and I'm now able to easily mount
the SMB service with just a plain "mount" command while logged in as me
(not root).

The quick-and-dirty hack he presented was to make the mountpoint owned
by me. :)  Good enough, since my box is a desktop and i'm the only one
who uses it.