January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] compiling ripperX 2.0

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] compiling ripperX 2.0
  • From: Mark Kim <mkkimMAPS@ucdavis.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 19:35:53 -0800

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Doug wrote:

> > make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/ripperX-2.0/plugins'
> > gcc -g -O2  ripperX_plugin_tester.c -o ripperX_plugin_tester.o
> > gcc   ripperX_plugin_tester.o   -o ripperX_plugin_tester

The middle line above is missing the -c option, it looks like.
(Without the -c option, the program binary was created instead of
an object, which cannot be properly linked by the linker --
that's my theory).  Modify the Makefile to include -c.  If you
don't know how, post /usr/local/src/ripperX-2.0/plugins/Makefile (and also
perhaps /usr/local/src/ripperX-2.0/Makefile) and we'll fix it up and send
it back to you.

-Mark

---
Mark K. Kim