[vox-tech] Re: [vox] Note from G.Mate

  • Subject: [vox-tech] Re: [vox] Note from G.Mate
  • From: Geoffrey Herteg <gherteg@valinux.MAPScom>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 09:25:10 -0800

Heh, picking up an iPaq and a serial cable for it costs less to develop
Linux on a PDA than this kit...  Now if you can find one (there were two
left at the Vacaville CompUSA after I left last night), then you're in luck.

Also, for anyone interested, Lance Halsted and I (and hopefully a few
others) will be working on an embedded project at UC Davis.  We've not yet
chosen an OS (guess which one I'm leaning towards?) but it gives equivalent
experience, and no initial investment besides your time and enthusiasm.

The platform's a StrongARM 1110 with the 1111 multimedia add-on.  Cool tech,
right now it's going to be low-level (assembly and C).  See
http://phosphor.cipic.ucdavis.edu/ for more details.

-- Geoffrey