Re: [vox-tech] new member needs help

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] new member needs help
  • From: Mark Kim <mkkiMAPSm@ucdavis.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 10:44:00 -0800

Pacbell DSL uses either static or pppoe.  Either works fine.  Static will
work with pretty much any distribution.  I've gotten Mandrake Linux 7.1
to work with pppoe without much problem (Mandrake comes with pppoe
package).

In either case, you'll need to get Linux working with your network
card.  The network card provided by Pacbell is Kingston NE2000
compatible (at least last time I checked) which works fine with Linux.

The details will need to be figured out once you get the connection and
Linux installed -- the details depend slightly depending on your Linux
distribution and connection.

-Mark

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> this guy isn't on the list yet, so if you reply, can you cc him at
> sdadsetan@ucdavis.edu.  he'll be on the list sometime today, hopefully.
>
> pete

---
Mark K. Kim