Re: Re: [vox-tech] Red Hat Soundblaster Setup

On Tue 30 Jan 01,  9:57 AM, William Kendrick said:
> > yes, system commands (commands which only root is likely to use) are
> > usually in /sbin and /usr/sbin.
>
> And "/usr/local/sbin/"
>

> > commands that everyone uses tend to be in /bin and /usr/bin.
>
> And "/usr/local/bin/"
>
> Very important not to forget those! :)
>
> -bill!

actually, it is important to forget those.  no operating system should
install executables in those directories.

only the user installs executables in those directores.

it's debian policy, and plain common sense.  i would be surprised if other
OS's didn't follow suit.

pete

ps- in fact, debian doesn't even create a /usr/local/bin and
/usr/local/sbin.