Re: [vox-tech] Red Hat Soundblaster Setup

On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Rusty Minden wrote:

> I thought that with find you just entered
> #find sndconfig
> This may be my error. So I need to use
> #find / -name "sndconfig"
> What does this do does it say to look for a file or directory named
> sndconfig? I. E. the / says to lookh for a file or directory and the -name
> tells it that it is the name of the file or directory and the "sndconfig"
> says to look for sndconfig?

"/" tells `find` to start looking in the root directory.  "-name" option
tells `find` what filename to look for.  You can use wildcards, so you can
do something like:

   find / -name '*s*n*d*c*f*g'

to look for "sndconfig", "sndcfg", "soundcfg", "sondconfig"...  You can
also do regular expression search via the "-regex" option, too (but it
doesn't work too well for me -- check the man page for its querks.)

-Mark

---
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/