Re: [vox-tech] does anyone know wish/tk?

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] does anyone know wish/tk?
  • From: William Kendrick <nbs@sonic.neMAPSt>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 10:56:51 -0800

> just putting feelers out.  i'm about to learn tk/wish and just curious if
> anyone here has played around with it.

Once I was up until 8am looking into a way to do something similar
to "xmessage", except with a text prompt.  I ended up using Tcl/Tk.
(The objective was to prompt the user for an IRC user name before
launching an xterm with an IRC client running in it.  This was run when
people clicked the IRC button on a guest account on my Linux box.)

Other than that, I haven't dealt with it.  Looks kinda nifty, though.
Perhaps we should have a talk? ;)