Re: [vox-tech] Cracking...

On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Mark Kim wrote:

> From: Mark Kim <mkkim@ucdavis.edu>
> Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Cracking...
>
> On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> > mark, something i found; it sounds like it may help.  thttpd comes, by
> > default, with a cgi program called ssi.   here's a code snippet:
>
> The web server doesn't have any CGI programs on it.

ok, but you should at least try.  the advisory did say that this cgi comes
packaged, by default, with thttpd.   for all you know, bishop doesn't even
know it's on the system.

> All social engineering cracking techniques need to be approved by the
> professor...

did he explicitly state this?

> I'm sure he won't fall for "will you leave the room for a
> minute" technique right after I tell him what I'm going to do :P

with a little imagination, i'll bet he would.  be creative!   get the
department secretary into the picture.  or one of his TA's.  the
possibilities are endless...

pete