Re: [vox-tech] Audio suddenly broken

> what was the last adminly type thing that you did to this machine?

I ran "netconfig" (one of the RedHat X11-based configy thingers) to
set my IP for our firewall.  Not sure why that would affect sound/IRQ.
Perhaps it's a Lilo thing (or something else redhat's configer thingies
might touch)

> like, when did you install 4.0?

4.0's been in for over 4 months (I installed it at my old place :) )

> call me paranoid, but do an ls -lt of the kernel you're currently running
> and insmod.   make sure it doesn't say something absurd like today or
> yesterday.

Will do. (At work now)

> if it's nothing like that, then unresolved symbols are most often caused
> by module dependencies on a module that failed to load (say, it didn't get
> the IRQ it needed).
>
> it's hard to do armchair admining, but try:
>
> 1. boot into sinle user mode
>
> 2. assuming you didn't get the errors yet, cd into your favorite runlevel.
>
> 3. start running your services, one by one in the correct order, till you
>    find the culprit.

Ok, thanks!

-bill!
(can't live w/o sound!)