Re: [vox-tech] where is good place to learn how to use make file?

Re: [vox-tech] where is good place to learn how to use make file?

if you are a student at UC Davis, consider taking ecs30 and ecs40.
Both these classes cover makefiles (as well as some other subjects)
and will give you a good base to start from.

In the meantime, you might want to read the make man page (even though
it does not cover makefile syntax) and look at the GNU make manual at

http://www.gnu.org/doc/make-manual.html

the Make manual is also available as a printed book, which you can order from
that page.

Doing a search on altavista, I also found this page,

http://vertigo.hsrl.rutgers.edu/ug/make_help.html

which has a nicely detailed overview of makefiles.

as well as a tutorial, http://vertigo.hsrl.rutgers.edu/ug/make_help.html

Furthermore, Borders has a wide selection of unix books, you might want to
have a look over there. I'm pretty sure I've seen a book on Make.

isn't it nice when people do your work for you? :)

-Gabriel