RE: Re: [vox-tech] Memry Trouble??

  • Subject: RE: Re: [vox-tech] Memry Trouble??
  • From: "Deja User" <unix_admin@MAPSmy-deja.com>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 12:38:13 -0800

Fry's does this bait-and-switch with bad ("incompatible") RAM all the time. When you
go back, they offer to sell you better RAM for about twice as much. I'm going to keep
repeating this every time it happens, because people just don't seem to get it (or
you've missed my previous posts regarding this!). UA

>Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 21:15:31 -0800
>From: Harry Souders <gnulinux@rosecomputing.com>
>To: vox-tech@franz.mother.com
>Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Memry Trouble??
>
>On Sat, Dec 23, 2000 at 11:08:05PM -0500, Roland Minden wrote:
>> Interesting it is from Fry's and is the cheaper memory. I might need to go
>> online and get the memory instead, bummer.
>
>I was told they have a 14 or 15 day return policy on the cheap RAM.
>However, the paperwork that I signed and the packaging both say 90-day
>warranty.
>
>If you cannot get it to work (try re-seating it) then I would return it
>or sell it for just under the sale price that you bought it. About the
>only thing I can add is that the saleman said the ram, although good,
>will not work on every motherboard.

--== Sent via Deja.com ==--
http://www.deja.com/