Re: [vox-tech] Memry Trouble??

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Memry Trouble??
  • From: Harry Souders <gnulinux@rosMAPSecomputing.com>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 11:19:50 -0800

On Sat, Dec 23, 2000 at 03:11:05AM -0500, Roland Minden wrote:
> The New is a 256MB SDRAMM 100 MRTZ

The old memory might not be bad, probably isn't bad if it has been
working fine all this time.

I was at Fry's recently. They had 256MB SDRAM on sale. The saleman tried
me to get the 'premium' memory instead of the 'on-sale' memory. I told
him that I'd take my chances with the cheap stuff. He said that often he
sells the cheap stuff and people return it because their computers only
see 128MB of the 256MB.

So, I told him that I guess I should get the premium memory -- NOT.

What I actually told him was that the cheapie memory is going into a
cheapie mother board from Fry's so it should be a perfect match. He was
speachless.