Re: [vox-tech] an interesting experience

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] an interesting experience
  • From: jdnewmiMAPSl@dcn.davis.ca.us
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 11:47:54 -0800

On Thu, 21 Dec 2000, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

[...]

> anyway, that was my first experience with a file that was too large.
> it was interesting.

I tried to download a several megabyte file yesterday with Lynx into my
/home fs, and it garbled that tty (you know, where the characters get
remapped and you have to reset it), and started making strange noises come
out of my sound card.  Turns out that fs was full.  It didn't corrupt the
fs, but I find the association between a full fs and sound output
disturbing.