Re: [vox-tech] html question

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] html question
  • From: Mark Kim <mkkiMAPSm@ucdavis.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 13:48:11 -0800

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> 1. how are the lines around the boxes drawn?  i would've thought that would
>    be the border="1" attribute for <table>, but apparently, it's not.

Exactly what Bill predicted.  He has the gift of prediction.  The border
is the background color of the outer table.  They set the cell spacing to
1 on the inner table to make the border appear 1 pixel width.

> 2. how does the background image (the black part) "know" how far down to
>    go so that all the content fits within the white part of the page?

Even bigger table around it.  The background has no image -- it's just a
white color.  It rounds off the corners with images placed on the right
corners.  Slashdot does exactly the same thing, doesn't it?

-Mark

---
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/