January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] HELP!! with lilo.conf

cam, i haven't been following this thread - excuse me if these suggestions
have been made.

it sounds like you're using two cards based on rtl8129, right?

1. get one up and running during boot.   can you modprobe the 2nd card once
    linux gets running?  if so, just add your modprobe to a local startup
    script.

2. if you want something working for the here and now, try putting in a
    different 2nd card.

i can think of a couple of pitfalls with having two cards that use the same
driver in the same system.  like if the two cards use different I/O
addresses, perhaps the one with the "higher" address won't be found.  don't
know how driver authors get around stuff like that...

but considering you can get a nice kne based card for under 15 bucks, you
may want to consider whimping out and getting a different card.

btw, my firewall uses two kingston cards, so it's possible.  the tulip is an
old driver though, and rtl is still "experimental" whatever that means.

peter

On Thu 07 Dec 00, 10:58 AM, Cam Ellison said...

--
To err is human, to forgive is divine.      p@belial.ucdavis.edu     _