January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] Partition Questions Part 2

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, Bill Broadley wrote:

> The newest LILO has no restrictions, well technically it's the first
> 1024 TB (yes T).  Don't think that will be a problem for awhile.

This is good news, but the subtext on this is that EDD bios extensions are
required for this to work.  Rick Moen says these extensions started being
added to bioses around 1995 (by Pheonix... dunno how long it took the
others to put it in), so while chances are very good that this will work
with a recent computer, you still need to be careful trying it with that
computer from the freebox. (Or am I the only one around here who does
that?)

[...]