Re: [vox-tech] Cron Confusion

On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 10:59:38AM -0800, Robert G. Scofield wrote:
> You know I think there's an issue here for the computer bozo like myself who
> uses Linux like Windows; for personal use without running a network.  As I
> think I mentioned in my first post, I believe that the default run time in
> /etc/crontab is something like 4:00 Sunday morning when many of us do not
> have their computers on.  If I'm right, this might be an issue to raise with

Just install anacron.  It's made for laptops and deals nicely with "oops
this didn't run, so I'll run it now that your machine is on".

You "computer bozos" need to develop trust in your OS.  I know this will
be hard given your past with Windows, but you can do it.  :)

--
Ted Deppner
http://www.psyber.com/~ted/