Re: [vox-tech] gimp question

> Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:31:34 -0800
> From: Henry House <hajhouse@houseag.com>
> To: vox-tech@franz.mother.com
> Subject: Re: [vox-tech] gimp question
>
> On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 11:38:37AM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > very often in my scientific papers, i need to put an arrow in my diagrams.
> > historically, i've used the picture environment in tex.
> >
> > lately, i've been using the gimp, but i'm bummed by the hoops i have to jump
> > through to achieve arrow heads.
> [...]
> > help?
>
> Try using Sketch, Xfig, or Dia to overlay the arrows. The results will be
> better, too.

i nearly had a heart attack.  i was using dselect to install dia.  i saw
"diablo" and started to laugh uncontrollably until i saw something about it
being a news server.  then i started to cry uncontrollably.  ;)

> Or is there a reason that the arrows need to be pixel-based?

yes, my ignorance.  which of sketch, xfig or dia would you recommend?  ease
of use and shortest time to learn by FAR outweighs the number of features.

thanks!
pete