Re: [vox-tech] Can't Remove File

On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 12:59:15PM -0800, Jan Wynholds wrote:
> eg
>
> [root@localhost /] # find . -name '-*' -print
> ./home/user/-g
> [root@localhost /] # find . -name '-*' -exec 'rm --
> {}' \;
> find: ./home/user/-g: No such file or directory
> [root@localhost /] #
>
> Can anyone give explain this behavior from find?  I

I cannot explain it very well.

However, let me say that it's times like these that makes me really
appreciate 'xargs'. The following code should delete the file:

find . -name '-*' -print0 | xargs --null rm

What is nice about the '-print0' option in find and the '--null' option
in xargs is that even the odd file (carriage returns and special
characters) will be deleted.