Re: [vox-tech] cdrecord problems

jan,

are you using the power (usenet) search?    deja branched into a lot of
different stuff.  it's more of a portal now, but this link reigns supreme:

http://www.deja.com/home_ps.shtml

i think i simply typed:

        linux philips <BLAH>

where <BLAH> was the model of the cdr.  i got the model number from your
email, when you gave the output of cdrecord.

also, deja is not the most lynx friendly site, so i usually have to start up
my X server before going there.

given your description of the symptoms, hardware failure makes sense.  if you
ever want to get another CDR, i can't recommend the plexwriter 12/4/32 cdrw
highly enough.  plextor's equiptment just generally rocks.  and as a
company, they're very linux friendly.  you don't see many companies using
the "L" word in their user manuals.  :)

pete