Re: [vox-tech] cdrecord problems

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, Jan Wynholds wrote:

> I have been struggling with cdrecord to get a cd
> burned.  I have downloaded the latest version I can
> find (1.10a07), and now I can actually perform a
> complete dummy burn on the command line.  But, when I
> actually try to write data in a real burn, I get an
> error roughly like:
>
> FIFO had 128 puts and 0 gets.
>
> Is this an indication of a conflict?  Why would a
> dummy burn work, and a real burn fail?

hardware failure or misconfiguration?

i'm not familiar with what a dummy burn is.  does data get written to a
file?   to a ramdisk?  are you positive the dummy burn is ok?

can you try to mount/read from whatever it is you wrote to?

> Can anyone
> throw me a bone here, I am pulling my hair out.

you really don't give much info at all, so there's too not much to go by.

have you searched deja?

pete