Re: [vox-tech] trouble printing text file

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] trouble printing text file
  • From: myMAPStho_x@pacbell.net
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 10:22:25 -0800

Yes,  the HP LaserJet printers have there own internal language PJL (printer
job language).  In PJL you use % and an ecape (<esc>) sequence for a command.
It is most likely taking this as a PJL command or another command.

For example:

%-12345X@PJL DEFAULT PAGEPROTECT = LETTER
@PJL DEFAULT LPARM : PCL SYMSET = PC8
@PJL DEFAULT FORMLINES = 66
@PJL DEFAULT LPARM : PCL FONTNUMBER=80
%-12345X

Sets the printer defaults for letter, 66 lines per page, font number 80 and
the standard symbol set PC8.

Stephen