Re: [vox-tech] Can't Remove File

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Can't Remove File
  • From: Peter Jay Salzman <p@bMAPSelial.ucdavis.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 16:08:50 -0800

i will gladly answer this.   harry souders (did you realize your name is an
anagram of sudoers?) answered this for me about half a year ago.  i even
remember the subject of the email i sent.  it was something like 'i can't
believe i'm asking this..'  :)    frustrating, ain't it?

rm -- -g

the -- as i understand it tells rm that there's no more options coming.
therefore, anything to the right of -- gets interpreted as a file.

pete