[vox-tech] c program in linux vs sgi

  • Subject: [vox-tech] c program in linux vs sgi
  • From: Xinghua Zhong <zhongq@cs.MAPSucdavis.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 02:37:36 -0800

hello, I am trying to compile and run one program in linux and sgi.
some problems come up and I don't understand.
1) when I am running the program in linux, there is a "core" file created,
but never happen in sgi. so if I have a big calculation, core is very
large and it stop running in linux because of "core dumped".

2) if condition problem-->never happend in sgi machines again.
   x is 0.55 (double variable)
   y is 55 (int variable), z is 100 (int variable)
   (x == (double) y / (double) z) returns false.
   how come?

anyone can help me?
thankx.