Re: [vox-tech] ROT13 in vi?

Actually, I wanted to know the way to do ROT-N, where N is any arbitrary
number, including 13.  Mike's way of doing it was using :tr but I can't
figure it out.  It was something like:

   :%tr/[A-Za-z]/[N-ZA-Mn-za-m]/g

but that doesn't work so obviously that wasn't it.  But it was something
similar.

-Mark

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> sorry, i couldn't resist.
>
> the way i do it is to use the shift/alt/control V mechanism to highlight a
> selection of text, then use g?  (g followed by a question mark) and that
> converts the selected text to rot13.
>
> ubcr gung urycf!    :)
>
> pete
>
> ps- :) is rot13 for :).   :)
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------   linux
> To err is human, to forgive is divine.      p@belial.ucdavis.edu     _
> To oink is porcine, to meow is feline.    http://www.dirac.org/p    ._.
> To neigh is equine to howl is lupine,                               /v\
> To moo is bovine to bleat is ovine.                                // \\
> ----------------------------------------------------------------   ^^ ^^
>   The best way to accelerate a win95 system is at 9.81 m/s^2       rules
>
> On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Mark Kim wrote:
>
> > I asked this question before and I think Mike answered it I lost the
> > posting.  How do you do ROT13 in vi (actually, ROT anything)?
> >
> > -Mark
> >
> > PS: Yes, I know about 'g?g?' :)
> >
> > ---
> > Mark K. Kim