Re: [vox-tech] Debian 2.2 R1?

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Debian 2.2 R1?
  • From: Peter Jay Salzman <p@beMAPSlial.ucdavis.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 08:55:10 -0800

On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, Roland Minden wrote:

> Debian just released Revision 1 of the 2.2 release. They expect 2.2 Revision
> 2 out in about ten days. Could anyone from the group put together an
> instruction set for upgrading using apt-get or other. I will give this out
> at the installfest for anyone getting Debian 2.2 installed and LibraNet
> (also a 2.2 release).

i seem to be in the minority with dselect, but i think "deselect | update |
install" should do the trick.  i keep forgetting what it is with apt-get.
something like "apt-get update, apt-get dist upgrade"

> I was looking at setting up the tables in a circle with the hub in the
> middle.

this may not be tennable.  the room is the wrong size for a circle, being
relatively thin and long.  and a circle of tables is not extensible.  it's
hard to add or delete tables.

> Peter could you bring any games to be stress tested at the IF? I am sure
> that we could help give you some input for your next game reviews:^)
> Perhaps we could install a couple of them on the LUGOD machine.

we can always install the demos.  i think we should install something like
quake3, heretic2 or unreal tournament on the demo machine, but i think we
should pay for them if we install them.

btw, my next writing assignment is code warrior.  :)   i'm *begging* to do
soldier of fortune.  i'm even going to buy the voodoo5/5500 for the
occaision.   :)

thanks for telling me about the potato revision!    hopefully mesa is in the
works for update.  last night i made up my mind to compile my own version of
the mesa libraries with glide support.  there _are_ some things i do miss
about suse...

pete