Re: [vox-tech] converting comments

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] converting comments
  • From: Mark Kim <mkMAPSkim@ucdavis.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 14:12:01 -0800

The program you're writing -- what is it supposed to do?  Perhaps we can
help out better if we knew what you're trying to do.

-Mark

PS: Historical note -- The "C++ style comments" actually came from BCPL,
which is a precedessor to B, which is a predecessor to C.  So it's
actually "BCPL style comments" :)

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> i started writing an awk script to convert C++ style comments to C, and it
> got messy very quickly, since i want to handle different cases very
> differently (inside a block, outside a function, multiline comments, etc).
>
> i was wondering is anyone knew of a utility to do this?
>
> i did a quick search on the potato disks and freshmeat, and found nothing,
> but i've had a bad track record in finding stuff on freshmeat.
>
> pete

---
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/