Re: [vox-tech] wget question

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] wget question
  • From: Henry House <hajhouse@houMAPSseag.com>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 16:05:28 -0800

On Sat, Nov 11, 2000 at 08:53:24AM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> on quakeiii.com, they have files for download, but it's painfully slow and
> they make it even slower by requiring 2 clicks instead of 1.   they don't
> have an ftp site, and the files are obtained by some kind of cgi interface.
>
> i tried:
>
>       wget -r http://www.quakeiii.com/files/ftp.cgi?dir=maps
>       wget -r http://www.quakeiii.com/files/file.cgi?file=maps

Probably the recursive suck is not working because the page containing the
directory listing is not below the parent directory of the source page (i.e.,
wget doesn't move upward through the remote filesystem to keep you from
accidentally dowloading many unchecked gigs of stuff). I recall a switch
that customizes this behavior (the name escapes me at the moment) or you
could try http://www.quakeiii.com/downloads/maps/ as the source instead.

--
Henry House