Re: [vox-tech] My delete key doesn't work, my delete key doesn'twork

On Fri, 10 Nov 2000, Jay wrote:

> Simple question from a simpleton,
>
> My delete key does not work when I log on as me (i.e. jstrauss), but it does
> when I log on as root.  I tried making my environmental variables look like
> root's.  So far I have check my stty -a, .bashrc, and my environmental
> variables.

Look at how your terminal window is started up.

For immediate gratification, check the terminal window settings... there
is usually a way to map the backspace key (the one above the "enter" key
on the main keyboard) to "delete" or "backspace", and yours is probably
set to "backspace" when you log in as root, and "backspace" when you log
in as jstrauss.