Re: [vox-tech] Adding linux computer to network

On Tue, Nov 07, 2000 at 07:41:58PM -0600, Jay wrote:
> Pete,
>
> In your last step where you talk about setting up a default route:
>
> route add default gw gateway-ip dev eth0
>
> Is this permanent?  Or do you have to do it every time you reboot?

It last until the system is halted. To make it permanent it is necessary to
put the info into an rc file in /etc that is run at boot. All distributions
have a file for this purpose; it is probably /etc/networks/interfaces (as it
is on my Debian box) or something similar.

--
Henry House