Re: [vox-tech] Adding linux computer to network

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Adding linux computer to network
  • From: Chuck Polisher <cpoliMAPSsh@ns.net>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 15:43:25 -0800

> Lee Dutter wrote:
>
> Please forgive me for my ignorance, I am just getting started using linux and it is
>all
> very foreign to me. I installed Red Hat 6.1 on my "spare" computer. All went very
>well I
> thought except that when I rebooted it came to a line that read Bringing up interface
> eth0" and just hung there. After I removed my nic (a linksys PCI II) it booted up
>fine.

<snip>

Check to see if an interrupt was assigned to the nic.

Some motherboards share an interrupt between two slots,
in which case moving the nic to another slot -- with its
own interrupt -- will make for an easier install.

FWIW, here's Redhat's list of common gotcha's for 6.1:
http://www.redhat.com/support/docs/gotchas/6.1/gotchas-6.1.html