Re: [vox-tech] Non-root Program Installation

On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 09:31:00AM -0800, Henry House wrote:
> This should only work if the 'user' option is specified for /dev/hdc in
> /etc/fstab. And this does not only work for Gnome, but for any use of mount.

Assuming that /dev/hdc is your cd-rom, which it isn't in my case.
If /dev/cdrom is pointing to the right place, just use that.  It's
much more readable.

But anyway, Henry's right - this isn't something you "shouldn't" be
able to do - it's perfectly acceptable.  It also has nothing to do
with Gnome.

(As an aside, you should never feel like you are annoying people
with useless trivia on this list - especially when Pete feels okay
with "pinging" the list during testing - JUST KIDDING PETE! :)
I for one am on this list for just such trivia among other things).

Micah