[vox-tech] PPPd Issues

  • Subject: [vox-tech] PPPd Issues
  • From: "Patrick B. Lickiss" <MAPSpblickiss@ucdavis.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 15:11:24 -0800

Well for anyone monitoring my modem issues I finally got one that
works.  I set up a connection to the UCD modem pool and selected the
option to start the connection when the computer boots up.  When I boot,

RH tells me that it's bringing up eth0, then ppp0, but the modem never
dials.  After I log in and everything the computer says that ppp0 is
connected but it's not.  The only way (I've found) to make it actually
dialup is to delete the dial-up connection and the modem, set them both
up again and have the dial-up configuration window open when I dial.
Anyway, I'm fairly sure this should not be the case at all.  So...anyone

got any hints?  Also, I get the same problem if the connection dies @ 2
hrs.  It will only re-connect if I manually disconnect it before the 2
hrs are reached.  Any ideas on this one?  Thanks for your time guys.

Patrick

P.S. Any reason to set up IP chains on a dial-up machine that MSAQ's to
an internal network?