Re: [vox-tech] Losing My Mind a.k.a. Modem Setup

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Losing My Mind a.k.a. Modem Setup
  • From: Patrick Lickiss <pblicMAPSkiss@ucdavis.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 17:19:13 -0700

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> there are quite a few winmodems that work under linux.  the effort was
> delayed by the death of the main programmer, but it's been picked up,
> and there's now support for quite a few.

I actually checked out this angle before I bought the new
modem...unfortunately I couldn't find anything about possible support for
the Motorola chipset, which is what my modem is based on.

> ooops, patrick.   PCI modems are almost all winmodems.   :)

I had heard this also, when I was looking onlline, I specifically looked
for hardware modems.  The one I got(based on the Rockwell chipset BTW
Mark) was advertised as a hardware modem.  I couldn't for the life of me,
find an ISA modem for some reason.